Sunday, March 4, 2018

This week was the first week of the continuation period of this semester. This period is when we can take courses of our interest in Spanish! I am taking Spanish and America History, Anthropology of Spanish Culture, a listening module, and Culture Realities- a course that focuses one different aspects of the Spanish culture. I really enjoy all my courses. Although my anthropology class is hard, I am trying my best to understand the course! Oh, I get to attend a pottery and flamenco workshop with my anthropology course, and I'm really looking forward to them!


During this month, we have a 10 day vacation (Semana Santa). I really wanted to go to Rome and Paris, but the cost of the trip was way too high. My friend and I looked into ways to make the trip more reasonable. We came up with a way to backpack throughout Europe and visit almost every well-known city. However, the price of that trip kept rising. We both talked to our parents and asked for their advice on what to do. My mom advised us to only travel to a few cities, and that was still expensive. My mom then advised us to travel somewhere in Spain and spend our vacation there. After talking about where to go between the both of us and being given recommendations from the home stay mom of my friend, we decided to plan on trip to Ibiza! We both are stepping out of our comfort zone and are exploring the fun side hidden in ourselves. My friend wants to go sky-diving and I want to go scuba-diving!! Tomorrow, we are going to a travel agency to see if there are any bundles or discounts we can purchase at a lower cost.


I did a lot of "shopping" this week! I bought two blouses for only 15 euros from a store named Mango. I also planned a trip to Barcelona with 2 friends in April! I am very excited to go there!  And the best for last! I went to Disney In Concert: Magical Music From The Movies organized by the Symphonic Orchestra of Sevilla Saturday night. It was a last minute decision and was the best one yet! Even though there were so many children at the concert, I had no shame in attending a Disney concert with four other friends. 
Frozen



Samosas de verduras-Veggie Samosa


After coming home, we went out for dinner and dessert! 
We stumbled upon a cheap, Indian take away restaurant 
named Desi Naan Kebab! It was almost as good as the
 food back at home! After dinner, we found an ice cream 
shop named Freskura that was open until 1 am and
cheap! This night was my first night out in Sevilla and 
am very glad that I found friends who are willingly
 to go out, and not to bars and pubs! 






Next big adventure: Lisbon, Portugal! Cheers to week two of the continuation period!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The end of my semester abroad.  These past two-three weeks have been unbelievably busy and emotional. For that reason, I will try to keep...