Sunday, April 1, 2018

Welcome back! As I mentioned in my last blog, it's been a long two weeks. I'll start by talking about the week of March 18th, continuing on to my trip to Morocco, my full day in Sevilla for Semana Santa, and then close off with my trip to Ibiza!

Week of March 18th:

On Sunday, I decided to adventure out and go to a Sevillano (dance) workshop at Plaza de Espana, but the plaza was closed due to the wind. I continued to venture! I walked through the city center and watched a flamenco show! After eating lunch, I sat by the river and read for a hour or two. I forgot how much I love to read, especially by the river. On Monday, I taught my mom how to use Airdrop to transfer her pictures from her new iPhone to her iPad as well as set up her new iPhone for her. I taught her how to make video calls and oh my, was she happy! Tuesday was the same old same old, my busiest day of the week. However, Wednesday was quite the day. I went to to a Semana Santa
info session and also tutored my 8-year kid. I have to say, my kid was bouncing off of walls. It only reminded me how much I love kids but couldn't work with them all day. On Wednesday, I was also nominated for always speaking in Spanish, being active at school, and immersing myself into the Spanish culture.  I started my first day as a volunteer at a daycare on Thursday! It was my first time in a daycare, but the babies and toddlers were so cute! I loved playing with them, but they did get me sick.. typical right?

Moving right along to my trip to Morocco. This trip was full of laughter and memories. I made 3 new friends and learned about Spanish Ministry of Education! This program allows you to teach in Spain as long as you are a native US citizen and have a bachelor's degree. (You already know what I'm thinking). But I digress. The first night we watched a traditional Moroccan show, belly-dance performance, and I held a snake.. I told you. I'm trying to grasp every possibility I can while I'm abroad. The second day in Morocco, we went to Chefchaouen, the blue city. It was beautiful! Oh, side note-oranges with cinnamon on top is absolutely delicious! On the last day, I rode a camel! Enjoy my reaction :)




On Monday (March 26th), I ventured out to the city center during Semana Santa. I showed my friend around in Sevilla, surprisingly I remember a lot more about the history in this city than I expected. On my way home, my high school Spanish teacher called me because she was in Sevilla and wanted to meet up! After walking through a procession, I finally found her (Picture to the right)! At night, I took my friend (same one from earlier) out to dinner. A 15 minute walk took a hour due to the processions!


Now to close off this blog, here's all about my trip to Ibiza (March 27-31). Upon arriving to Ibiza, my friend and I made a friend who works in Ibiza. We shared a taxi, and I exchanged contact information with her. She recommended some wonderful restaurants  and even called a taxi for us on our last day to go back to the airport. Ibiza was really the vacation I needed. I stepped out of my comfort zone so many times, and I have no regrets. I'm proud of myself for being so open to new things and actually trying them. The water from the Mediterranean Sea was so clear and blue, as well as refreshing! This trip was filled with lots of beaches, emotions, and saying "Estamos viviendo" when we did not know what we were getting ourselves into.

As I returned home on Saturday, I was so happy. The moment we landed, all I could think about how much I missed Sevilla. The feeling of returning to home sweet home is really one of the best feelings in the world. I cannot possibly imagine how I happy I will feel when I return home, to Chicago. However, I am scared to even think about returning home  because I know that when I have to leave Sevilla, I will be crying just as much as I did when I left Chicago to come to Sevilla.

On that note, here's to two whole months in Sevilla!
Time really does fly when you're having fun!

Only 7 Mondays left..and then I'm back 😭😭



2 comments:

  1. Me alegro que estés disfrutando al máximo de tu viaje, señorita aventurera :) iQue sigan las aventuras!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡¡Muchas gracias!! Estoy muy feliz aquí :)

      Delete

The end of my semester abroad.  These past two-three weeks have been unbelievably busy and emotional. For that reason, I will try to keep...