Sunday, February 11, 2018

Mis primeras amigas 

The weather is finally warming up to the mid-60s. 
Each day I am making more friends and getting to
Patatas alí-oli
know them even better. On Wednesday (February 2, 2018), my school hosted a social mixer between our Spanish speaking buddies, intercambios. The activity to get to know one each other was to identify people, events, and organizations from each other's country. Even though my intercambio was unable to attend, I had a great time getting to know my friends' intercambios. The following day was a bit more rough. I found out that I had to present a presentation in my oral communication course on Friday by myself since my partner had dropped the course. Also, I had to create a news article, in Spanish of course, for Friday as well. However, both assignments went well and so did Friday! During the evening of Friday, a few friends and I walked around the city. I finally had tapas! Comí patatas alí-oli y me encantaron (I ate garlic potatoes and loved them)! 
Muslim garden with a pomegranate tree



On Saturday, we went to Córdoba. This place was absolutely stunning. It's mind-boggling how a cathedral was built within a mosque. Also the gardens were breathtaking. I've always seen gardens from Islamic culture in Hindi movies but walking 
through them in real life was something else. 
Más amigos



After returning back to Sevilla, I stopped at a pharmacy to invest in motion 
sickness medicine because being carsick during every trip is just fantastic. 
I learned that motion sickness is mareo. 


Today (Sunday) was very productive. I was able to do everything I had to do this weekend within five hours! Also, I met my intercambio, Joaquín today! He's very nice and amazing! I love that Spanish Studies Abroad provides us the opportunity to connect with a Sevillano to immerse ourselves even more to the culture and lifestyle. We went to a bar that had a view of the Cathedral and Giralda!   
Stay tuned for my next adventures! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The end of my semester abroad.  These past two-three weeks have been unbelievably busy and emotional. For that reason, I will try to keep...