Wednesday, April 11, 2018


This past week was quite the week. It was a week full of nonstop assignments, work, studying, and extracurricular activities.

Sunday was a complete homework day for my online English-Spanish Linguistics course. I also spent two hours after dinner talking to my roommate about our trips and life.

Monday was a homework and trip planning day. I finally managed to get myself to the stores to buy things I was lacking. After my class, my friend and I booked our last trip while in Spain, to Madrid!! On the walk home, I ran into one of the tour guides I went to Morocco with! What a small world indeed! After returning home, I attempted to do more homework. However, my Spanish mom taught me how to make a quiche from leeks. It is so much easier than I had expected it be!

Tuesday was a very long day. I had woken up at an earlier time than usual because I just had so much to do. I began my final reflection paper for anthropology class. I left my home around 11 am to visit the doctor. During my breaks, I really tried to be productive, but I couldn’t get myself to be so productive. I did manage to check out a few books about the Cuban Revolution to write a research paper on it. I think this next part was my favorite part of the day. My anthropology professor walked into class and told us that we had a ceramics workshop to attend!! We walked over to Triana for it. One of the employees from the workshop told me that I have a small Andalusian accent; I was shocked. The workshop was incredible too. I partook in pottery and created a bowl and then painted a tile.

Wednesday was a study day. My only breaks were my history class and tutoring. When I got to tutoring, I found out that I was working with all three kids from the family… I had nothing planned, but we ended up playing Hangman the whole hour.


Thursday was also almost as long as Tuesday but more relaxing. I went to the daycare in the morning, and all the kids were very well behaved. After returning home, I studied for 2 hours before eating lunch. After lunch, I registered for classes. I realized that this fall I will be a junior!! It felt like just yesterday I started my time at Lewis. My history midterm was easy, but I am really glad that I studied as much as I did for it. During my break, I finally bought some chocolate and caught up with some friends.  In my anthropology class, I learned all about Flamenco because I am going to another workshop!! This time, obviously, for flamenco since Feria is right around the corner. After I came home, I ate dinner and began my online exam for Linguistics class. I also managed to catch up with my mentor back at home!! Finally at 2 am, I was able to fall asleep!

Madrid Airport

Friday to Sunday was my trip to London to visit a family friend and her family (basically my aunt’s family). I spent most of my day Friday travelling to London. I had a layover at Madrid Airport, but it wasn’t a layover. It was just getting from one end to another end because it is that big!! It did, however, remind me of O’hare because it is so pretty. I finally landed in Heathrow and after a long line at Immigration, I met up with my cousin who picked me up. On our way to his home, we caught up on a lot of things. After arriving home, I met my other two cousins and my future sister-in-law. We went out to a dessert place called Twist and it was absolutely delicious!! Saturday was very relaxed day. I had not made any major plans for London since I visited London last year through a travel-study program at Lewis. I spent the morning talking to one of my cousins while having breakfast. My aunt  made some amazing Indian coffee, and my cousin made an amazing wrap. The stuffing that my aunt prepared for it finally satisfied my craving for spices. After breakfast, my cousin and I met up with her friend on the tube and went to Trafalgar Square. We went to a bookshop, the National Gallery, and Pizza Express—for lunch of course! At night, my cousins and I went bowling! 
On Sunday, I spent my morning and early afternoon relaxing at home.
 Before leaving, I had a full Gujarati meal. It has been over two months 
since I had authentic, Indian food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The end of my semester abroad.  These past two-three weeks have been unbelievably busy and emotional. For that reason, I will try to keep...