Friday, February 23, 2018

 Ronda
Almond Tree in Ronda
On February 18th, a group of friends and I visited Ronda and Setenil! These pueblos have such a great atmosphere to both visit and live in. Throughout the whole trip, I could not stop thinking how much I would love to live in a small village like Ronda and Setenil.
The scenery was a dream.


Churros, Churritos, Chocolate

 The village of Setenil was just as
 beautiful as Ronda. We bought
churros from a churro kiosk that
a  woman runs all by herself at
 one euro per churro! So cheap
for such great quality!


After a great start to the week, it felt like everything went downhill until today (Friday). On February 19th, I was given multiple projects and study guides to complete by Wednesday or Thursday. Also, since my arrival in Spain, my foot has been bothering me a lot. On the 19th, I decided to finally go to the doctor since the pain was unbearable, and it turns out I have tendinitis. I'm really glad I made the decision to go to the doctor because if it had gotten any worse, I would have gone to physical therapy.

On February 21st, I was given an assignment to learn more about Spanish traditions, personal or global traditions. I went to Cafe de Indias, which is two minutes from my home, to grab a coffee. I ended up trying a vanilla cappuccino and loved it! Since I was at the cafe, I decided to ask a few people about their traditions. Unfortunately, the only person willing to talk to me was the barista. I also spoke to my homestay mom about traditions. I learned that birthday are not celebrated as much as days for Saints because many people are named after Saints. Most people celebrate their birthday on the same day as "their" Saint's day.

On February 22nd, I had a relatively normal day. I met up with my intercambio, spanish-speaking buddy, at 9:30 pm. We talked about the differences within a country like Spain and USA. We also talked about feminism and how possible changes can be brought about if we really tried.

To finish off, today (February 23rd) I completed the intensive period of my semester abroad. Starting next week, I have mostly evening/night classes Monday-Thursday. I also went shopping today, alone. I never go shopping alone. I am becoming more independent and confident in Spain! I bought The Hunger Games but in Spanish to immerse myself into the language even more.

Hasta luego! Keep your eye out for my next blog about my trip to Granada this weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The end of my semester abroad.  These past two-three weeks have been unbelievably busy and emotional. For that reason, I will try to keep...