Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Barcelona

La Sagrada Familia
This past weekend I traveled to Barcelona. My flight was at 6 am. Our first stop after landing was La Sagrada Familia. I fell in love with the interior and all the stained glass windows! After La Sagrada Familia, we went to lunch at La Boqueria. This outdoor market is filled with every type of food that you can think of! 









Parque Ciutadella
Afterwards we went to our hostel! This was my first time at a hostel, and I have to say that it is really nice!! We even had free breakfast everyday! After resting up, we adventured back into the city. We saw murillos, Parque Ciutadella, and Arco Triumfo! We grabbed dinner at a tacos place! 














Although it was rainy for most of Saturday, we went to the Pablo Picasso Musuem, Casa Mila/La Pedera, Plaza de EspaƱa y Fuente Magica! Halfway through the day, we went back to our hostel and took una gran siesta! My friends and I found an Indian restaurant for dinner. After eating dinner, we walked to the Fuente Magica. We missed almost all of the show, but luckily I was able to get a picture of  the fountain! 







The weather on Sunday was just perfect. We went to the Barcelona beach and Park Guell. The beach was so pretty, and I never saw such beautiful waves in my life! We sat near the water for a while and grabbed our second break right along the beach. The views were so beautiful. We left the beach to go to Park Guell. We had to take a taxi there because once again, the bus systems are horrible. After getting to Park Guell, I was left speechless! It is so pretty and the architecture blew my mind. We got a late lunch/early dinner at a restaurant that prepares fresh pasta with any ingredients you want to add in! We went back to our hostel and then got to Barcelona Airport with two hours to spare prior to boarding. I took advantage of that time by calling a friend to catch up! We got back to Sevilla and caught the bus home. As soon as my friend I began to cross the bridge, it started to downpour! During a downpour, the bridge is the last place you would want to be in Sevilla. Luckily, my Spanish mom had prepared soup for me. When I returned home, I changed into dry and warm clothes and had some wonderful soup.. oh did I tell you? I got another cough, just how I did a few weeks ago during Semana Santa.





No comments:

Post a Comment

The end of my semester abroad.  These past two-three weeks have been unbelievably busy and emotional. For that reason, I will try to keep...