Saturday, March 17, 2018

As an apology for not blogging as frequently these past few weeks, I am going to make it up in this blog!

The week of March 5th- March 8th.


I booked an Airbnb and flights to Ibiza during Semana Santa (Spring Break)! Can you imagine that? Me, and going to Ibiza? Who knows what is happening to me in Spain. I am definitely changing, for the better!  In my anthropology class, we discussed the definition of sex and gender. In other words, how culture creates the identify for males and females and how anything other than male and female, is "wrong." Wednesday was my first day of tutoring an 8 year old child! I was very impressed by his  fluency and competency in the English language! On Thursday, I spent my morning doing homework and packing for Lisbon! My professor for Anthropology class let us out early to participate in the Women's March in Sevilla! This was my first march, and it was amazing! It was great seeing so many people marching for women!

(Weekend for this week is my blog on Lisbon)


The week of March 12th-17th.


On Monday, after getting some rest from travelling overnight from Lisbon to Sevilla, I spent my  morning with lots of self-care. I also tried to help my Spanish mom set up her new iPhone that she received as a gift from one of her daughters! How sweet is that! After my history course, I stopped at a shop to browse and get ideas on what to bring back as gifts for friends and family. I ended up buying lots of gifts. I also spoke with the employee who is Ecuadorian and is married to a Spaniard. She was super sweet and wants me to teach her English! On Tuesday,  during my 2.5 hour break, I visited to La Hospital de Caridad. It was a hospital that accepted anyone that wasn't accepted by other hospitals. The visit was more than interesting, and interesting in the sense of not knowing what to think of it. Wednesday was my second of tutoring my 8 year old! I ended the tutoring session a little early but spent time with my Spanish mom! We watched some interesting reality game shows as I read for class. Thursday was a very long day. I practically spent all day at school. I tried on flamenco dresses for Feria and found one (blue one below)! Although I wasn't in love with it, I still really liked it! The reason why I did this is because I am going to participate in a parade with my school for Feria (in April)!! To be honest, I wasn't sure what I was signing myself up for. My anthropology class was very lively on Thursday! It was because our professor wasn't able to attend class, and we had a substitute. For dinner, I had arroz cubana (rice with tomato sauce and a sunny side up egg). On Friday, I went shopping!! I know that shopping is a typical girly thing to do, but it is really hard to not shop in Sevilla! I bought myself my very own flamenco dress (red one below)! It is an older fashion dress but it is red!I don't feel as bad because  I bought the dress and all the matching accessories for only 21 euros (25 dollars)!! For lunch, I had spinach with garbanzo beans. I finally learned how to make it! At night, I met up with my intercambio and we spoke for a hour in a nearby park. I might be able to travel to his village (Sevilla has lots of close villages) and meet his friends if everything works out accordingly! Now, I am on today! I have finally caught you up with the last two weeks of my life! Today was a very productive but relaxed day. I spent all of my day completing homework, uploading pictures onto Facebook, and of course-blogging! I even took one of the best siestas I have taken in weeks!


Now here's a preview to the next few weeks of my life. I will be travelling to Morocco next weekend and to Ibiza after returning from Morocco. After returning from Ibiza, the month of March will be coming to an end leaving only April and roughly two weeks in May left with my time here in Sevilla! It's too scary to think about I have to leave this wonderful place soon! 





Hospital de Caridad
                           
                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

The end of my semester abroad.  These past two-three weeks have been unbelievably busy and emotional. For that reason, I will try to keep...